Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cookie Tree





This afternoon, my good friend Cath at (http://davecath.blogspot.com/) came over with her kiddies and made Christmas cookies with us. Here is the result. These pictures don't show the big mouthful of cookie dough that Anna consumed, or the fun had in spreading flour around. Much mess was averted by the Mum's being present-just imagine what your kitchen could look like if left unattended! Here's a great holiday activity (just kidding)-give your kids a bag of flour and take them outside-see how far it goes... Anyway, after dinner, and after littlehands were occupied, I assembled my star tree-although I had a little trouble today as I ran out of icing sugar to make icing to stick the stars together. I had to be creative with finding a better solution for edible "glue". Photos cover up all those foibles. I made a nifty little box using overhead transperancy paper (acetate). I know I could dress it up a little more with lovely Christmassy tags and the like-but I was tired, and ready to "turn in" for the day. oh, and now that I look at the photos, I think I should have cooked them a little less-they should look less brown-Oh deary me!!

Here's the recipe:

Christmas Shortbread Stars
150g butter
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. chopped glace cherries
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tbsp. Corn flour

Directions:
1. Heat the oven to 180*
2.Beat butter and sweetened condensed milk until light and creamy. Stir in cherries, flour, cornflour, and mix to a firm dough. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to 5mm thickness. Cut into shapes. Place on greased oven trays and bake at 180* for 10-12 minutes. There is the added option of half-dipping them in melted dark chocolate.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I have tagged you :)

 
Follow Me on Pinterest