Sunday, November 16, 2008

School Holiday fun




As you can see, I have been looking through my archive of creative things to make and do with children. With the school holidays coming up quickly, it's always a good idea to have some fun things "Up your sleeve" to make with the kids. I found a fantastic book at the local library (I'll see if I can get the details of it for you when I'm next at the library) which made animals out of fruit and vegetables-using black-eyed peas for eyes. The peas really bring it to life. I also found the best place to find the black-eyed peas (if your local grocery store doesn't stock them) is an Asian grocery store. These are a few ideas we tried last year-we were actually a bit short on fruit and veggies at the time, but we still managed to come up with these. Sure beats the vegetable creatures we used to make as kids.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

The kiwi fruit is so cute.

 
Follow Me on Pinterest