Saturday, February 7, 2009

All Party-ed out...


after a hard day of party-ing. Good friendships make the heart happy...


This cake didn't turn out according to my plan...in fact not even similar to what I had imagined. However, Madame was happy! I was planning to add a ribbon around the cake-but somehow I forgot to add that in all the party preparations. It looked good on Anna's cake (which also used musk sticks)




School/church friends happily munching away-and having great fun! This really is a group of such sweet girls, and they really just had a great time!


Well it's been a big weekend of little girl's birthay parties. My own now-6-year-old daughter, my niece, Rosa, little Anna, and Rachael J. We have eaten a great deal of cake, party pies, and fizzy drink. But sweet friendships make it worthwhile. Really, I'm sure that my Little miss would have been happy with no presents-just spending the day with a bunch of girls takes the cake. It was actually Me who was excited at a few gifts that Julia received. Yes, they were from my sisters...and I was impressed! Check out the gorgeous t-shirt my sister, Sharon, made using the scallop punch. It looked like a bought one-except that I have a keen eye for things made using the scallop punch. Also two little covered containers (I think they were made using recycled baking powder containers?) They look lovely-and yet so simple to make. My sister, Angela, made some lovely creations using her scroll-saw (sorry no picture). They were made to match the butterfly theme in Madame's bedroom.
Happy Birthday little girls, we hope you have many wonderful memories of your special day-and that you know you are loved!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

So where is this lovely T-shirt? I can't wait to see it!

Bethany said...

That t-shirt is lovely. Where do your sisters get their ideas from? The butterflies on the cake are very cute. Did you stencil them on?

evonne said...

Hi Bethany,
Yes, I do have crafty sisters-we "swap notes" on our ideas. We are planning a combined blog (in the future) of crafty party ideas. That lovely T-shirt is made using the scallop punch as a template-and varying sizes of dot-stickers-and Sharon informs me that the paint is screen printing paint. You'll have to try your hand at it.

 
Follow Me on Pinterest