Saturday, February 6, 2010

Julia's Vet Themed Birthday Party



Doctor Samuel... Where's the actual birthdy girl? I don't seem to have taken a photo of her!! Gasp! I think she was to excited to sit still....



The Puppy Dog cake that Julia requested. My first response to her request was, "That's a bit hard for your Mum!" But then I thought I'd just give it a try-and I think she was happy given that her first outburst (upon seeing it) was "Oh I love it, Mum." It's worth it to create a happy moment and happy birthday memories. As I look back on my birthday parties, I can't really recall much of the actual event-but I do remember Mum's cakes. All the effort that Mum put in to making our cakes special-Thanks Mum!! Still to this day, I reckon that the best way love is shown is in giving your time in creating something special for someone...


Cakes forJulia's grade 3 class





Lolly Doctor Bags in keeping with a Vet themed party...

5 comments:

Holly said...

Amazing work, Evonne, well done! I hope Julia had a wonderful birthday :)

Dad said...

Oh, Evonne- just love that cute fluffy looking cake! And the invites, and, well, everything here! We did mean to phone to say Happy Birthday, somehow it didn't get done, but keep waiting- we will ring!

Catherine said...

That cake is truly amazing. I am in awe. Those lolly bags are a gorgeous idea, too! I will never show Anna that cake because she will want it next year, and there is just no way...

evonne said...

Cath, I'll bet you really could make that cake! I made the shape by freezing the cake first-and then carving into the dog shape whilst frozen.

HAH said...

The cake is wonderful! How did you manage the ears? I might try something similar for a 9-year old animal lover!

 
Follow Me on Pinterest