Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Creative Holiday Pursuits

Rose's swap
Jo's swap-quite a lot of work involved here...

Kim's gorgeous pocket card-which had a chocolate inside-you can see I ate that :)

Katie's swap

Trina's swap-too cute!

Sharon's swap

Stephanie's swap

My swap

Katie-my wonderful, and very talented upline, showed us how to make this card with the "Pattern Pieces" set from the new mini.


A few weeks ago, the Pretty-n-Ink team did a swap using stamps from the new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue. I think we outdid ourselves-what gorgeous cards everyone came up with! And a double bonus to have to fabulous cards to get ideas from.



We also had a few days at the Coast at our favourite little spot-just relaxing, swimming, riding bikes, eating, and collecting shells-forget the housework-it's great to get away from it all just for a few days.


I had plenty of icing left over, so the kids had a turn decorating some of their own biscuits


I've been reading the sweetopia blog for a while now. I find so much creative inspiration from this gorgeous blog. This is my first try at making royal icing and decorating biscuits with it. I was very happy with the result, and in the future will try out some more challenging ideas with royal icing. I love that the icing completely dries and you can wrap the cookie up in a bag without the icing sticking to anything!
Ken gave me a Digital SLR camera for my birthday (although I suspect that he really wants to use it a LOT). Now you can expect to see some better photos in my posts...but for now, we are just playing around with the camera, and learning how it works.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

love the photos! Love you all. Next time I chat can you give me a run down on that icing (and where you managed to find all the bits for it). I can imagine Ken having fun with your camera:) Love to all. Missing ewe! will call soon

Patrice said...

Lovely swaps! It appears I no longer have an upline and am not included in any team activities. Glad you all had fun!

 
Follow Me on Pinterest