Saturday, May 11, 2013

Monsters Inc. Party for Owen

Well Mr O's long-anticipated birthday finally arrived. In keeping with the Monster's Inc. theme, my clever sister made a gorgeous cake complete with Sulley, Mike, and Boo. I also felt the occasion a good time to design a Monster's Inc punch art set for a waterfall card. I had fun trying to use punches to capture the look/character of the Monster.







Since Owen is learning to read, I also used a bit of stamping here and there to jazz up these birthday readers


One contented birthday Boy with his Dad

8 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, amazing work Evonne. I love seeing how a few punches can create something so special.

Garza fam said...

I love this idea, what punch did she use for Sulley's head. I was thinking about using this technique for thank you cards.

evonne said...

Hi Garza, I used The Owl Punch-sorry to take so long to reply

Dawn Hoffman said...

Oh my goodness---love, love, love these! I'm totally going to CASE! and give you credit! =-) Thanks for sharing!

Di Barnes said...

What a fun & fab birthday card. Love your Monsters inc punch art. Thanks for sharing.
Inky wishes, Di

honeydo19 said...

That is too cute! Love the little girl punch art. What a great idea. Thanjs for sharing.

TiaraHelen said...

So very cute! May I use your "Sully" in a blog post I'm doing about the owl punch, please? I'd credit you of course...

evonne said...

No problem TiaraHelen-go ahead. Thankyou for giving credit.

 
Follow Me on Pinterest